Wednesday 22 August 2012

Ocean Appreciation Week Mini Course


Today was our last day for the the half day summer program, but my first day flying solo. This last week is Ocean Appreciation Week and with 12 eager students in attendance; we went out with a bang.

Today we had a scavenger hunt that took us all through the aquarium searching high and low for the answers to all kinds of questions. For example, do you know how many different coloured lobsters are at the Huntsman?  Our students today do! We also talked about the importance of conservation and played 3D Ocean Bingo, which taught us about the different ocean zones and what creatures live there.  Can you recognise this creature that lives in the deep sea?

 

I am pretty ferocious looking although I am not a large fish. I can live at a depth of 75 to 1500 meters! My scientific name is Chauliodus sloani and I live in the Twilight Zone.  Who am I?
















answer: Viper Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment