Wednesday 14 December 2011

Learning in an informal setting

Student views about learning in an informal setting:

“Learning in an informal field setting is HANDS DOWN better than learning in a classroom.  I have ADHD and auditory processing disorder.  I can focus better in the field.”

“I think that most students, being teens, have trouble concentrating in class but field courses provide fun and interesting ways to actually learn and internalize the information instead of just mindlessly memorizing it.”

“Seeing the animals up close and actually working with them helped me absorb the things that were being taught to me! After awhile writing notes in class is tedious so it was great to be outdoors, having fun and learning too.”


Exploring the diversity of the local marine environment, on the boat...

and on the shore.